Uncovered gems lost within The Mac 512 web pages:
- Premiere Issue (April 1999, Volume 1, Number 1)
- 2nd Issue (May 1999, Volume 1, Number 2)
- 3rd Issue (August 1999, Volume 1, Number 3)
- 4th Issue (October 1999, Volume 1, Number 4)
- 5th Issue (January 2000, Volume 1, Number 5)
- 6th Issue (March 2000, Volume 1, Number 6)
- 7th Issue (August 2000, Volume 2, Number 1)
- 8th Issue (October 2000, Volume 2, Number 2)
- 9th Issue (December 2000, Volume 2, Number 3) FINAL ISSUE
About our Software that was available for free download at one time:
Unfortunately Apple Computer, Inc. stopped all Macintosh User Groups from distributing System Software (new and old). We at The Mac 512 User Group found by doing this Apple prevented us from helping you, the older Macintosh user, by limiting us from providing the tools to get your older Mac running effectively. Can you run MacWrite (which we could distribute) without the System Software (which we cannot distribute) to boot from? No. We found ourselves limited by the penalty of breaking the U.S. copyright law.
The decision to stop The Mac 512 User Group piece was my choice as it is very difficult to help people get their older Macintosh running without certain tools made available. When I cannot send you the Control Panel piece, the System INIT you need, a System disk, or a different application segment, it prevents you from using that old Mac. It also prevented The Mac 512 User Group from helping you from a legal standpoint.
Thank you for your support through the years...
Return to The Mac 512 main page